Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jacitripp

My husband originally filed separately so we amended his return to married-filling jointly. Why is the return not on his TurboTax account? Why does it not show on mine?

Is there a way to link our accounts so I can access our joint return information? We were going to file separately but decided jointly was better for us.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My husband originally filed separately so we amended his return to married-filling jointly. Why is the return not on his TurboTax account? Why does it not show on mine?

TurboTax accounts cannot be merged or combined.

If he completed a federal amended tax return, Form 1040X, using the 2018 online editions then the return should be included in the PDF download.  If the return is not in the PDF then you will need to wait until the TurboTax online editions for tax year 2019 become available in early December.  At that time all the forms, schedules and worksheets for the 2018 tax return should be included in the PDF.

First you cannot link any 2 accounts for any reason.   Then the current PDF may not show the most recent return until after the 2018 to 2019 conversion is finished sometime in December ... try again later to get a copy of the return.  

You mean it's only on his account?  Sorry you can not merge accounts.  You have to log into his account or whatever account it's in.  Now you should use his account going forward if you want to file Joint next year.  Just leave and abandon your account.  So you need his log in information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies