Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My husband and I were suppose to get $1577 as a tax refund and were only given $965. Wheres the rest of it? We thought it was some delay, but it's been nearly 2 weeks.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My husband and I were suppose to get $1577 as a tax refund and were only given $965. Wheres the rest of it? We thought it was some delay, but it's been nearly 2 weeks.

It appears you have received your federal refund with a minor deduction and not your state refund.

State and federal tax returns are processed by different agencies and refunds are always issued separately.

Most state tax agencies did not begin to accept tax returns until when or after the IRS began to process tax returns.

In the past, you likely received your state and federal refunds so close together in time that you did not notice they were from different agencies. 

If you provide your state, we can provide the information to check the status of your refund from them. 

The IRS refund deduction appears to be a filing fee or small penalty.   

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Is $965 the amount of either your state or federal refund? Could you have a state/federal debt?

Federal is suppose to be $1085. State is suppose to be $492. Weve only seen one tax related deposit of $965. I've never had issues with refunds before or even received split deposits of refunds so I'm pretty lost here. It's not a matter of a few bucks, rather a few hundred

It appears you have received your federal refund with a minor deduction and not your state refund.

State and federal tax returns are processed by different agencies and refunds are always issued separately.

Most state tax agencies did not begin to accept tax returns until when or after the IRS began to process tax returns.

In the past, you likely received your state and federal refunds so close together in time that you did not notice they were from different agencies. 

If you provide your state, we can provide the information to check the status of your refund from them. 

The IRS refund deduction appears to be a filing fee or small penalty.   

We are in MD
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies