stac534862

My direct express

I need my stimulus check I don’t get it

Jasmine1973

My direct express

I didn't receive my first two stimulus checks 1800 dollars I was told to file an amendment receive my $1,800 the 1200 + 600

Jasmine1973

My direct express

So what do I need to do receive my first two stimulus check

My direct express

@stac534862 If you did not receive the 1st or 2nd stimulus check you can get it by using the recovery rebate credit when you prepare a 2020 tax return---if you are eligible to receive it.

The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return.  If something went wrong or you did not get the stimulus check in 2020, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in early 2021

The Recovery Rebate Credit will be found in the FEDERAL REVIEW section. ( you should see "Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount”)  If you are eligible it will end up on line 30 of your 2020 Form 1040.

Make sure that you enter ALL of the stimulus money received for the 1st and 2nd stimulus for yourself, your spouse and your children.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-j-reconciling-on-your-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

@Jasmine1973 

If you filed a 2020 tax return without using the recovery rebate credit in the Federal Review section then after your original tax return is fully processed then you can amend to get the credit as already described above.  But do not expect quick results from an amended return.   It takes about six months for the IRS to process an amended return.

Select your tax year for amending instructions:

What does it mean to "amend" a return?

·         Do I Need to Amend my Tax Return?