turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jnjreams

My daughter is 17 which didn't qualify for the child tax credit. I filed my return early. If Biden changes the child tax credit to include 17 year olds, can I ammend?

I just filed yesterday through turbotax. I know the IRS isn't accepting returns yet, but soon.
If Biden's plan to increase the qualifying age to include 17 year old, will I be able to amend my return so that I can claim the updated credit?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My daughter is 17 which didn't qualify for the child tax credit. I filed my return early. If Biden changes the child tax credit to include 17 year olds, can I ammend?

If, and this is a big IF, the plan is approved by Congress, signed by the President and made retroactive to tax year 2020, then you would have to file an amended tax return for 2020.  Or there may be other ways to receive the tax credit.   OR there may other ways to claim the credit, you will just have to wait and see.

And by the way, big update....

IRS won't open filing until Feb 12, 2021 this year!

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies