Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My daughter has already file her tax’s with y’all. She didn’t realize till afterwards she can claim daycare expenses. Can she still go back and claim that? Thanks :)

And if so how does she go about doing that?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughter has already file her tax’s with y’all. She didn’t realize till afterwards she can claim daycare expenses. Can she still go back and claim that? Thanks :)

yes.  she has to file an amended return. but first she has to wait for her return to be processed and receive her refund or the government cash her payment for balance due.     then at start up there's an icon for amended return.   follow instruction.  what she would do is to enter her daycare expenses as if she hadn't file originally TT. will then compute the changes.   she will have to follow the instructions for where to mail her amended return 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes.  she has to file an amended return. but first she has to wait for her return to be processed and receive her refund or the government cash her payment for balance due.     then at start up there's an icon for amended return.   follow instruction.  what she would do is to enter her daycare expenses as if she hadn't file originally TT. will then compute the changes.   she will have to follow the instructions for where to mail her amended return 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies