turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My daughter filed two years in a row and said no one else claims her. I filed 2020/2021 late, taxes got tied up cuz of it. She amended both years. I still mail it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My daughter filed two years in a row and said no one else claims her. I filed 2020/2021 late, taxes got tied up cuz of it. She amended both years. I still mail it?

Sorry yes.  If she filed first you will have to print and mail your return to claim her.  Even if she amends it won't release her ssn from the IRS.

Yes you do ... mailing in is the ONLY option you have for BOTH tax year  since she made that error and filed before you did.

@aida-aguirre-yah - and be aware, the IRS is woefully backlogged so the amendments should be expected to take 9-12 months to be processed and the paper filing of your returns should be expected to take 6-9 months to be processed. 

AND  make sure to mail them in SEPARATE envelopes ... do NOT put them together in one envelope as the data input operator will probably miss one return and not get it entered.    ALSO it is wise to put some kind of tracking on it. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies