Myw7798

My 1099

I have a queston. My husband and I both recieve. SSDI. we don't usually filla taxs. And we had read online that we needed to file. Because normally each month we get our disability benefits on our direct express card. We don't to lose out on the stimulu checks so that's why we filed. I just hope we did not mess anything up by doing so.

My 1099

No you do Not have to file a tax return if you are receiving Social Security benefits and that is the only income you both are receiving.

If you receive Social Security benefits, see this US Treasury website - https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

Myw7798

My 1099

Thank you for the reply.

What my real concern is this . Both my husband and I recieve SSDI benefits. We have have never had to file because we did not make enough income wise. 

But his pandemic started which force the government to pass a bill to help working tax payers.  When the impact bill was approved at first they wanted everyone to file.

Will before all the confusion. with who has to file and who doesn't. I did the simple file and then I learned I didn't need to file because those Americans who recieve SSDI don't need to take any further actions because the IRS was working with social security obtaining recipients who already have their information because of the SSA 1099that is sent out every January.

My other concern is now I recieve my benefits on a prepaid. Credit card issused by social security. So I need to know so do I cancel my filing or will the funds just come to my direct express card .

I really need help.  Please

My 1099

@Myw7798 The stimulus payment will still be sent to the same account as you receive your Social Security monthly benefits.