turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will the stimulus payment deposit on my turbo visa debit card if I had fees taken from my tax return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Will the stimulus payment deposit on my turbo visa debit card if I had fees taken from my tax return?

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2019 or 2018, here is what you need to know:

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit.
  • I don’t have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.

Note: Please view this IRS link and use the Get Your Payment application, available mid-April, to check the status of your stimulus payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I still have tax money on my card and ive been trying to access my app for 2 days and cant get in.  I tried online and nothing.  I called the card number and said my call could not be completed.  So whats going on?

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Due to unprecedented traffic you may experience some delays on the site or phone line. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we appreciate your patience.

If you are having trouble with your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance.

For additional questions, including how to receive a check, please go to our Turbo Visa Debit Card site: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/turbo-card/

I have yet to receive any deposits from the IRS and I possess the turbo debit card. I make under 75k and to my knowledge I qualify for the stimulus. From what I have read is that “Turbo tax” is assisting the IRS on information about the stimulus, yet they cannot tell me a straight answer if I will receive the stimulus on my turbo debit card or receive a mailed check...Thanks guys.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

• I have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, there is nothing more you need to do. You will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit on 4/15. You can sign in to your account to check your balance here: https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/login 

• I no longer have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don’t worry. If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, you can request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account (https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/account/report-lost-or-stolen). If you don’t know your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance. You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you.

Due to unprecedented traffic you may experience some delays on the site or phone line. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we appreciate your patience.   

For additional questions, including how to receive a check, please go to the Turbo Visa Debit Card site: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/turbo-card/

Franktaft
Returning Member

I as well as alot of people will no longer be using turbo debit card. No help whatsoever, no answers, play dumb. Will just file my taxes on the irs for FREE. no numbers to contact just recorded b.s. thanks but no thanks and last year filing with you all.

Kathie7

Have a made a mistake in trusting the Intuit Debit Card.  No refund, no stimulus check, nothing.  I wish I had gone the old fashion way and had my refund send to my checking account, but I trust Intuit and thought this would be a safe method.  Did I make a mistake?  Anyone else sorry they choose this method?

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies