Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing w2

I have already filed my w2 from a different job since I cannot access my military w2 due to technical difficulties. How do I add this to my taxes after they have already submitted them. Any help would greatly be appreciated 

2 Replies
Level 15

Missing w2

You will have to amend the 2019 tax return that was filed to add a W-2

Did you go to the DFAS website for a copy of your W-2 -


An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

To access your online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account -

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show. Click on the Year and Click on Amend (change) return

See this TurvrboTax support FAQ for amending a 2019 tax return -

Employee Tax Expert

Missing w2

Once your return is accepted and the finances are settled, you can file an amended return. See how to file an amended return.

You can track your refund from the original return at Where's my refund.

Three weeks after you mail your amended return securely with tracking, visit track an amended return.


@DoninGA is spot on with his advice!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies