Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got a letter in the mail from the Keystone Collections Group saying that 2011 I did not pay enough in Quakertown School District and the Borough of Quakertown for earned income tax. I used Turbo tax that year.

thank you
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I got a letter in the mail from the Keystone Collections Group saying that 2011 I did not pay enough in Quakertown School District and the Borough of Quakertown for earned income tax. I used Turbo tax that year.

9 Replies

Did Turbotax file a tax return for your local tax authority?

Thanks SJ. I was not sure but that's what I thought.

The poster didn't say PA, but I recognized the city name (plus PA is the Keystone State).

Yes, I did also. I do my father-in-law's taxes each year and the local is always a pen and paper deal. Very simple, but by hand.

That looks like it could be a collection agency.

Many, if not all, of Pennsylvania's county tax agencies subcontract their tax collection through that company. KCG sends out the forms and handle the whole project.

rebab is correct.
bw3

I also received this letter but for Owen J Roberts SD/East Coventry Twp. I contacted them and they said it was most likely a mistake but they'd let me know. Now one year later I hear from them and its exactly 1/2 the amount they first sent? what are the odds it would be exactly 1/2? Plus they added in $35 in random "fees" and $18.56 in interest and penalty? For what? They have not given proof that I didn't pay what I did. I reviewed it and found that I DID pay what I was supposed to? How many people get this and just pay what they ask for? Wish I knew who exactly to contact about it. Wanted to leave this here in case others also google looking to see...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies