MAGI calculation done by Turbotax self-employed version on form 8962 is wrong, not adding half of my self-emp tax back in. Can I manually correct this form?

AnaGrahm

TaxGuyBill

MAGI for Form 8962 is not supposed to add the 1/2 SE tax back, so the program is doing it correctly.

AnaGrahm

Do you know TaxGuyBill where then my real Magi is indicated? And what will the health exchange consult to confirm the Magi for eligibility issues?
AnaGrahm

TaxGuyBill

As you pointed out, it is on Line 2-3 of Form 8962.
AnaGrahm

Lines 2 and 3 should not be the same for self-employed persons. The form is autogenerated by TT, which is not adding back in half of self-employment tax, as required by the IRS. This system glitch makes the calculations incorrect. Users beware.
TaxGuyBill

As I said before, MAGI for purposes of the Premium Tax Credit should NOT add back 1/2 SE tax.  The program is correct.