turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

de-lisa

I received my state taxes but not my federal. I haven't even gotten a letter or email you know y

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I received my state taxes but not my federal. I haven't even gotten a letter or email you know y

What does the IRS website for the status of the federal tax refund indicate - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/refunds">https://www.irs.gov/refunds</a>
de-lisa

It says that it can't tell me the status of my refund
Because I have to wait for an email from the IRS, but I already gotten my state back,

The IRS does not email or call taxpayers.  Communication from the IRS is through the US mail.

On the IRS federal tax refund website make sure that you are entering Exactly the Social Security number, Filing Status and the whole dollar amount of your Federal tax refund as shown on the Federal tax return that was filed, not what is shown on a TurboTax screen for your refund.

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
de-lisa

Ok,how do I go about getting my right amount of I'm not supposed to put the number on the turbo screen?

Look on line 20a of your Form 1040
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Download the PDF of your 2018 tax return.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  See screenshot

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies