turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jekda22

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

421 Replies
Ewyllen

If you amended return has an adjusted status this means "The processing of your Form 1040X- Amended Tax Return resulted in an adjustment to your account. An adjustment may result in a refund, balances due, or no tax change".

The processing of your amended return is not finished until you receive a "complete" status when checking the Where's my Amended Return tool: http://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-%28Form-1040-X%29/Wheres-My-Amended-Return- 

Until your status is "complete" you may still receive notifications and communication from the IRS based on your amended return.

You should try contacting the IRS via 866-464-2050 or 1-800-829-1040 for more information regarding your amended return and refund.

http://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-%28Form-1040-X%29/Amended-Return-Frequently-As...

Mine was received 5/1/2017, adjusted on 6/16/2017 and I Received my refund check today!!! Tuesday, 6/20/2017!!!! Good luck to everyone else!!!! I posted because I have been trying to figure out when I would receive it. I called the IRS yesterday and they told me my check was mailed the same day it was adjusted, which was a Friday, so I am not sure that being a Friday had anything to do with it. I know some people say the IRS sends out checks every Friday, but either way I Received my refund today, Tuesday. Call the IRS and select options where you are forced to speak with a live person. The woman I spoke with was extremely nice and I was only on hold for less than 5 mins. If you selected the option "Are you calling about the status on an amended return?" It will automatically transfer to their hotline and you will not get to a live representative. I selected the option having questions about a tax payment or whatever to get to a live person, so I could confirm the date my check was mailed out. She told me the 16th, but told me to wait 2 weeks (called 6/19/2017), but the next day (6/20/2017) I received it.
kinzi23

Whats the number too call?

1-800-829-1040 but DO NOT SELECT THE OPTION "Checking on Refund Status" because it's automated just like the IRS2GO app, select an option like "Calling about a payment or something like that" can't remember, just ignore the obvious options that you want and you will get a live person.
nellie7

So the federal amended return gets mailed in check form? I've received a small state portion via direct deposit. Just want to confirm.

Yes. Federal only pays by paper check for refunds due to amended returns.

Amended returns can only be mailed.  It can take them 16 weeks for the IRS to process them.  And they only mail checks for refunds.   After 3 weeks you can track it here,    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/filing/individuals/amended-returns-form-1040-x-/wheres-my-amended-return-1">http...>

Last year my amended return refund was DD. Just FYI

Not possible. Or did you just fix a rejected efile?

I filed an amended return because my accountant messed up on my medical deduction. Anyway when I called they stated they received this on 2/26/2018. However, when I look on the "wheres my amended refund" website there is no update and tells me to call the number. So I called and the lady tells  me she is unsure why it tells me to call and it should be stating it is processing. One lady I spoke with told me up to 16 week, but no less than 8 weeks, another lady told me up to 16 weeks but no less than 12 week. Can someone give me some insight on what to expect here? And has anyone else had the issue of it not updating the status online of what is going on in the process with it? monday will make 5 weeks since they have received it and still no update online.

@ktph459459 from what day did you mail off your amended return. I mailed mine on 2/25/18. It now say received on 3/1/18 , I’m waiting on an adjusted status now.

And does the irs send anything in the mail about your amended return prior to sending out a check
lcwkew

Mines says received 3/12/2018 still waiting on adjusted status. Never dealt with this long of wait before two years ago I filed an amended return and got my refund back in less than 21 days
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies