Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I've filed my taxes with you since before 2013 and I'm now getting letters from "Keystone Collections" saying I haven't paid local tax since 2013? Can someone help me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I've filed my taxes with you since before 2013 and I'm now getting letters from "Keystone Collections" saying I haven't paid local tax since 2013? Can someone help me?

Keystone Collections Group is a Pennsylvania organization which collects local/municipal taxes in Pennsylvania.  TurboTax does not support Pennsylvania local tax returns.

Go to this website for Keystone Collections Group - https://www.keystonecollects.com/

See this TurboTax support FAQ for local tax returns supported by TurboTax - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899325-which-city-tax-returns-can-i-do-in-the-turbotax-state-prog...

Keystone collects the local earned income tax and the local services tax for your home township, borough, or city.  You need to file a return every year and as DoninGA pointed out, TurboTax has nothing to do with these taxes, I suspect they don't wish to keep track of the rates for the 2,500 municipalities that PA has..
For the local earned income tax, the rate varies with location, from zero up to 3%.  Withholding is listed in box 19 of your W2.  This tax only applies to W2 income and self-employment profits (use same number that is on your PA Schedule C and include a copy).  The return is all of one page, about 10 minutes to fill out once you've located your W2s for each year and copy of your PA tax return that you printed out and stored in a safe place.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies