turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My WMR status bar disappeared after being received. Why is this happening? Should I be expecting a review or audit?

Here is the message I am seeing. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My WMR status bar disappeared after being received. Why is this happening? Should I be expecting a review or audit?

Tax topic 152:

This tax topic provides general information about the IRS processing of returns. If the IRS needs more information from you, they will follow up by a letter sent to you, there is no need for concern when you see this particular topic. 

Please view the following  for more on Tax Topic 152https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152 

Tracking status: 

The messages and bars on the Where's My Refund site change all of the time; and sometimes the same message is displayed continuously, or the bars do sometimes disappear entirely.

For more information see TurboTax FAQhttps://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4495802

View solution in original post

184 Replies

So have you heard anything yet? I have the same message on mine...

This means they will send you a letter for ID verification, the letter will have number you call, answer questions right or you will have to go to irs office with two forms of id happened to me last year, not audit the computer just flag it cause either u made more or less then last year, so they wanna prove it is really you nothing major I got my refund two weeks after verification

@tiffany8686 umm i RECEIVED a letter nd it was not for verification tho . it just said i was under review

Update , I got a call from my tax advocate , she stated they holding my tax return for no reason and that their just telling pll their under view to catch up because they are delayed . she stated she sending the request to release my refund today and they have 7 day ( including weekend) to respond to her . so thats the 8th she said after that they will give me a ddd date . they only do updates on Friday  so im looking at friday 16th -23. i guess thats good.

Congrats

@artavialake how did you get a Tax advocate to call you ?

@kanisha0418 I called 1-877-777-4778 and they gave me a tax advocate . And she just called today

@animalwanted I’m not even getting my hopes up , ima just play it cool

Cool

This is stressful, mines say topic 152...filed feb 9th, accepted same day...now bars gone but fully loaded on turbo tax...i nevered in life waited so long for my taxes the most 2 in half wks

I got the same tax topic and no bars and habe not received a letter or nothing

so i watched the video :( so because mines ends with 05 im weekly . meaning nothing will change for me til Friday on my transcript and Saturday for  WMR. ugh thats just Bullshit.

Wait.. @artavialake  what ends in 05?
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies