Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wife3301

Do I need to redo my tax return, I corrected an error and my refund amount went to zero. will not correct, the correction had nothing to do with the refund amount?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MicheleR

Do I need to redo my tax return, I corrected an error and my refund amount went to zero. will not correct, the correction had nothing to do with the refund amount?

It sounds like you may have chosen to amend the return. If your return was rejected, you can correct the changes without processing an amend. When you amend a return, all totals would go to zero because the system is attempting to calculate if there is a refund due or amount owed (difference in refund received) according to the added information.

Try to walk through the cancel amend steps below to resolve the issue. After the amend is canceled, save and sign out of your account and log back in and click "pick up where I left off".

How do I cancel or undo an amended return in TurboTax Online?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MicheleR

It sounds like you may have chosen to amend the return. If your return was rejected, you can correct the changes without processing an amend. When you amend a return, all totals would go to zero because the system is attempting to calculate if there is a refund due or amount owed (difference in refund received) according to the added information.

Try to walk through the cancel amend steps below to resolve the issue. After the amend is canceled, save and sign out of your account and log back in and click "pick up where I left off".

How do I cancel or undo an amended return in TurboTax Online?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies