Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jcbhowel

It is too late so I will have to file an amended return to get over $1300 back-turbo tax did not do a good job!

As I said previously I was advised to make estimated payments in 2016 but then was not flagged to include them! Not happy
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It is too late so I will have to file an amended return to get over $1300 back-turbo tax did not do a good job!

If you run all the interview steps in order, you should be asked about estimated payments.  If you skip around, it's up to you to find that section.

You may not have to file an amended return.  The IRS knows you made estimated payments and may add them to your refund automatically.  Wait for your first refund to be paid and see what happens, and if you aren't due a refund because you left off the estimates, you might want to wait a few weeks and see if you automatically get a check.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you run all the interview steps in order, you should be asked about estimated payments.  If you skip around, it's up to you to find that section.

You may not have to file an amended return.  The IRS knows you made estimated payments and may add them to your refund automatically.  Wait for your first refund to be paid and see what happens, and if you aren't due a refund because you left off the estimates, you might want to wait a few weeks and see if you automatically get a check.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies