Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is it true that turbo tax users’ tax refunds are being delayed up to 10 weeks due to a line 30 error?

Yes,  I think we've all been had....let's just wait 👦 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Is it true that turbo tax users’ tax refunds are being delayed up to 10 weeks due to a line 30 error?

Turbo Tax has nothing to do with how long the IRS takes to process your returns. The IRS is still processing returns from 2019. Turbo Tax is accountable for issues caused by our software under our guarantees. 

See the link below for TurboTax guarantees

Once you submit your return to the IRS, it is in their hands. All we can do is wait on them to complete the review process.  You can continue to monitor their website for any updates on your return. When they are complete the date will be published. 

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Who do I contact for the mishap on line 30, $400 was entered. When TT asked if I received stimulus yes I did both of them and entered the info. 

From what I hear, they will automatically correct that amount after reviewing and recalculating. I was told that the IRS would fix it. Also, if they do have to correct line 30, you should receive a letter stating so.

You are correct, the IRS is dealing with multiple new issues that were announced either before or after customers have filed their 2020 tax returns.  They have assured us that they will fix errors and update calculations, and they are working with TurboTax to complete software updates.  It should not take 10 weeks to receive refunds due to line 30.  

Here is the latest information that we have regarding delayed refunds:  What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

@580lady

I won't be using TT again!!!!!

Neither will I, this is my first time NOT using a tax preparer and I will never do this to myself again. Its not hard enough dealing with this and all the last year has done to me, now I have to pay TT 160.00 on top of this.

SamS1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does offer a free product through the IRS FreeFile program if you income falls within certain limits.  It has all the same forms but not necessarily all the entitlement options or carryover information as regular TurboTax. Click here to see if your qualify.

Dave187

Had my refund reduced by $1200, IRS told me TT is calculating the line 30 wrong. Now I’m trying to get an answer and getting little help. I see guarantee all over the website but real world appears to be different. 

1200 was probably for the 2nd Stimulus check.   The IRS has been adjusting returns that claimed it but the IRS already sent it.  Did you get it after you filed?  

A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payment or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts or entered the wrong amounts in the 2 boxes.  If you entered the total you got for both rounds in the same box it would think you didn't get the other one.

Mine was excepted March 17 I had zero online 30 was told I still had to wait 10 weeks

Tax returns can go to the IRS Error Dept for other reasons.  For example, your employer might not have reported your W-2 wages and withholdings to the government, so the IRS has to get in touch with them.  Or you forgot to claim a state tax refund, or unemployment.

I filed Feb15, accepted Feb 15. Now April 22. Used Turbotax this year. Gave it a shot. Stupid ME!!!! GETTING IRRITATED SO I CHECKED"LINE 30"..... EMPTY..... WTHeck!!!! I answered yes and entered correctly, Double checked before I "clicked" my daughter and my MONEY away. I'm a widow of a Vet raising three kids ALONE. I DONT HAVE GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE OF ANY KIND. I WORK!!!!! NO UNEMPLOYMENT I WORK TO SUPPORT MY FAMILY. NOW TURBO TAX IS STILL GOING TO CHARGE ME NEXT MONTH FOR THEIR SCREWUP... THEY SHOULD PAYE WHAT. OWED AND THEY WAIT FOR MY REFUND.  I SMELL A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!!!!!

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

This issue is still being reviewed.  There is no date listed for completion,   Please checkback often to see if resolved.  It will most likely be resolved prior to May 17

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

May 17, ????? What year? Relying on refund for my 13yr old daughters BRACES... a Reliable Car..for school and work..... Let's see FEBRUARY 15,. MAY 17th( MAYBE?).. RESOLVED????? REALLY!!!!!. THREE  WORDS.... 

CLASS. ACTION.  LAWSUIT. 

Will stick to H&R BLOCK. SHAME ON YOU TURBOTAX!!!!  SHAME ON YOU. AND STILL TAKING MY MONEY. LETS SEE WHAT  THE BBB SAYS. EVIDENTLY YOU STEAL MONEY FOR FROM US CITIZEN AND WE PAY YOUR PRICE TO THE IRS. 

SHAME ON YOU. SHAME ON YOU. SHAME ON YOU.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies