turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

345S
Level 1

Is it true that turbo tax users’ tax refunds are being delayed up to 10 weeks due to a line 30 error?

Yes, it's true. Many people are complaining about line 30 being prefilled without claiming rebate. I still haven't received my 3rd stimulus or refund because of the error on line 30, my refund was accepted 2/24/2021. Turbo tax has also billed me for filing, but I have not received my federal refund. Will not be using them next year to many issues with their system. 

Is it true that turbo tax users’ tax refunds are being delayed up to 10 weeks due to a line 30 error?

I agree!! This is the first time not using my normal preparer, and the insult to me is on top of waiting 10 weeks as of today //filed 3.14.21// they made me pay for this service to file a simple 1040 form. 150.00 I do not have mind you. I think the IRS should take this company OFF their listing for tax services that provide free filings. 

Yes it is true.  And not just delayed. Line 30 “Recovery Rebate Credit” on my 1040 return was filled with the amount $1,200 on the return submitted to IRS by TurboTax. The IRS corrected the amount to $0 and my actual refund was REDUCED about $1,200 by the IRS from the amount TurboTax had calculated. Ouch!

TT does prefill line 30, but when you answer that you have received the stimulus payments already, it then removes it.  But some people are incorrectly saying NO re Stimulus #2, because they got it in early 2021, even though it was for tax year 2020.  That particular problem is not unique to TT.

chichij6n4
Returning Member

Line 30 for me says $1000.....I didn’t enter that! I wonder what my refund amount will be now...

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We cannot view your return here in this public forum. It would be best to follow the instructions here to contact us by phone to review your return. @chichij6n4

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies