skinnygin

Is it normal for a amended return 1040x to be sent to examination department before they release funds ?

Nothing about the IRS is normal ... when a paper return is mailed in it is manually entered into the computer and is processed as they see fit.  This time it is being send to a human to review.  It may be nothing so until you get a letter from the IRS you will not know what is happening.  If you do get a notice reply as directed asap. 

Hal_Al

An amended return is more likely to be flagged for manual review than an original return.
skinnygin

Thx !!!
ab143jm

Hi skinnygin! Could you please tell me what came of this and why they sent it to exams dept?
Thanks bunches!
ab143jm

Thanks bunches!
fanfare

If your  Part III explanation is  obtuse, then IRS will have to figure it out, or ask you for more clarification. Often, filers of an amended return fail to  include all the necessary affected forms and schedules.
Ppre87

I know this was last year but I will like to know how was the process? My refund went to the examination department two weeks ago and I still haven’t received a letter from the irs
Rock4547

How long after examination will I hear from or receive a letter or my refund