Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Irs Accepted

@AmyC ,  Okay thanks for the insight. I kind of figured that’s what was going on, it’s just frustrating that’s all. I was also wondering if there’s a deadline for taxes & for myself I have to do an amended return, how will that work with the deadlines etc. However, the information you provided reassures me & The TurboTax Live agent that I worked with did am excellent job. So I don’t have work e about offsets or anyone else claiming my children so I’m in the clear  it’s just as you said all of the cross checking etc. I just pray it doesn’t take too much longer because my oldest needs to be back in college this fall & I have a balance to pay from this spring in order for him to secure his classes & room, he’s not in a city college, he’s in one several hours away from where we from so it’s not that easy & I’d hate for him to have to sit out a semester until I’m able to rectify his balance. He’sa good student, he’s on a partial scholarship & plays football, is very talented & has great grades. The curry isn’t a place for a young kid like my son who’s educated & especially with everything going on in the world. Thanks again for the information you provided, I really appreciate you. 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Irs Accepted

@MookMook75 I suggest you call the college. The financial department may have some options that are not common knowledge or have some exceptions available. Good luck!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Irs Accepted

Yes, I was in contact with the Busbar office At his school this week so I’m waiting to hear back from them.  That’s all I could do at this point & securing a small loan is something I don’t  want to do, that’s the last resort. He’s my oldest & my first child to go to college so it feels good to be able to pay your eat that’s all, call me prideful. It thanks again for your advice

Irs Accepted

Typo...Pay your way

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Irs Accepted

@MookMook75 That is wonderful! Congratulations! Remember, a loan still has to be paid and is still paying the way. Loans and interest always want to be avoided. Student loan interest is deductible and you can pay the loan back in a few months when the refund finally shows up, which is fabulous! Hopefully before the full tuition is due! Good luck!!!!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Irs Accepted

@AmyC Thank you so much

Irs Accepted

Me too on the same date and then a couple days later I got my state refund in the mail which should have been direct-deposited and I'm still waiting on the Federal I don't know if it's going to come direct deposit or in the mail

mjohnp2010
Returning Member

Irs Accepted

Filed Feb 21 2021. Like all, still getting the same response.  Wonder how quick the response would be if you 

owed money??

Irs Accepted

my taxes as been accepted and approved since February I am yet to receive my refund.

Irs Accepted

Does the IRS site actually have the approved bar filled in ?   If so is the third bar also filled in with a date the refund was distributed ?  

WMR reduced  balance sent.png

Irs Accepted

I just had my issue resolve  - 4/26/21.  My return was being held up in processing for "ID verification".  A letter should have sent to me indicating that my ID had to be verified however I did not receive any letter and the agent with whom I spoke could not determine whether the letter had yet been sent indicating that things are significantly behind (return accepted by IRS  2/25/21).  To resolve over the phone with the agent, I had to provide information from my 2019 and 2020 returns to verify my ID.  I was told it will take up to another 9 weeks to receive the refund which is to be a bank direct deposit.  Assuming an additional 9 weeks, my total time in this delay might end up be 18 weeks for my refund.  Hope the issue info is of benefit to other that are in delay.

Irs Accepted

Its been since 03/15/2021 when i filed my return.they accepted it .the 3 bars were on top and all the sudden they dissapeared. Now all its stating is that its still being processed and a date will appear when its ready....i looked over my forms after the fact i had already filed them.and turbo tax has so many errors on my forms .i dont know what to do...

Irs Accepted

Yes ive used turbo tax for 2 years now and either time have i received my return...

Irs Accepted

I'm still waiting for my refund and it was accepted by the IRS in the 11th of Feb. And I can't get someone on the phone at the IRS and now TurboTax gays they're going to debit my account

Irs Accepted

@JALNJ Thank you for informing the community of what you were able to find out. Hopefully this will help others like you & myself. I’ve been waiting since I filled on 2/24 & I did it through Turbu Live & Not to mention that I used TurboTax last year when I filed. I don’t get why you have to identify yourself especially if this isn’t your first time filing taxes and filing with TurboTax. Again I thank you personally for the info & I’m affirming we all have our refunds very soon. God Bless

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies