Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Intuit Secure Print Service support for 2014 & 2015

Is Intuit Secure Print Service no longer supported for 2014 & 2015?  It works for 2016 file.

I need to send PDF files of Fed & CA amended for 2014 and 2015 to my tax guy so he can calculate NOL carryforwards.  Every time I try to send these to the printer I get "There was a problem connecting to Intuit Secure Print Service.....try later".  2016 does not have this problem.  I only want filed version but can not even "save" the whole file to disk as PDF because of the same message.

Anyone know what is going on and how I get around it?

Elkhorn

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Mac 2014 is a special case.  2015 should work.

See macuser post here

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/i-am-unable-to-print-a-prior-year-return...

Or try to find a Windows computer.  The .tax files can be opened by both the Windows and Mac programs.  But you would have to install the 2014 program which might be impossible.   Even if you have the CD you wouldn't be able to update the program or download any states you need.  Unless you know someone with 2014 still installed on Windows.  

Or try www.taxprinter.com .  They say they can convert 2014 to pdf.  They are not related to Turbo Tax and it does cost.  You send them the .tax2014 file.

you probably can't get 2015 installed on Mac.  Download the fix in this article

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/turbotax-and-for-mac-crashes-on-launc...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks much

Had already installed fix and access to both 14 & 15 is fine.  Just checked 13 - has same print problem but 12 does not - so only 13, 14& 15 have this problem.  Suspect they implemented the service starting 13 and have removed these years from support - but 15 is still active! - as amended files can be filed until Oct 15.   Will contact intuit on this lack of customer support and use TaxPrinter if necessary.                   btw - was able to get 15 up and running on my PC, but it took tek support to  send me links to the 7 state files I use - program would not read my files unless installed.  Support could not help with 14 states as no longer supported.         To bad TaxPrinter must step in and solve a problem that should not exist.  Thanks again

@Anonymous - I know of no printing problems with Mac 2015.  2015 is supported and should work fine.

[****CORRECTION -  2015 does indeed require the secure print server (I just tested it).    It seems that the 2015 secure print server is either gone or is not working.   Since 2015 is still supported and being sold that this is an issue that needs to be fixed - I will alert the moderators to find out what happened to 2015.****]

However, it might no run in Mac 10.13.4 of later due to an Apple software change.

TurboTax 2014 and 2015 crash on Mac 10.13.4 (and later).

That is a known issue that seems to have been created by Apple with a change in OSX 10.13.4. There was no problem with OSX 10.13.3.

Since this is not a defect in the TurboTax software, but is due to a change that Apple made which causes an internal Apple java script function to crash while reading an embedded java script component in the TurboTax application, TurboTax will not be issuing any update to the TurboTax software. ( An update would be useless anyway since the software must be running in order to apply an update and the software will not run at all.)

However, TurboTax has issued a workaround to remove the java script from the TurboTax application so that the Apple software will not crash.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4477509-turbotax-2014-and-2015-for-mac-crashes-on-launch

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6960641

[UPDATE: as of May, 2019, TurboTax has dropped all support for the 2014 tax year. The "Secure Print Server" that was *required* to be able to print or make a PFD for 2014 ONLY no longer exists, so even you can get 2014 to run, it will be impossible to print anything]

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for response       Fix works fine on my Mac but same response for 13,14 & 15 - "...problem connecting to ... service" when trying to print.  Both 13  and 16 work fine. 

For 15 this should be working - I have an amended return to file before Oct 15, 2019.  If Intuit does not fix this for 15 I will have to take screen shots of  certain14 forms so my tax guy in Calif. can figure my NOL carryforward for 15, and then have TaxPrinter print it for filing. 

This should not be happening.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for response       Fix works fine on my Mac but same response for 13,14 & 15 - "...problem connecting to ... service" when trying to print.  Both 13  and 16 work fine. 

For 15 this should be working - I have an amended return to file before Oct 15, 2019.  If Intuit does not fix this for 15 I will have to take screen shots of  certain14 forms so my tax guy in Calif. can figure my NOL carryforward for 15, and then have TaxPrinter print it for filing. 

This should not be happening.

See my corrected post above - After testing, 2015 indeed, is not working as is should be.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies