After installing the Mac High Sierra 10.13.4 update, users experience a crash when launching TurboTax 2014 and/or 2015 for Mac.
OSX 10.13.4 was released by Apple on April 6, 2018.
There have not been any updates to TurboTax 2014 or 2015 for Mac recently.
Who is affected
The following users are impacted by this issue:
- Has downloaded and installed Mac OSX Update 10.13.4
- Using TurboTax 2014 and/or 2015 for Mac
Follow below steps to address TurboTax 2014 & 2015 for Mac crash.
- Download FixTY14AndTY15.
- Move this file to your desktop.
- Open the FixTY14AndTY15.zip file.
- You will now see FixTY14AndTY15.command on Desktop.
- Open the .command file. You may receive an error that the file "cannot be opened because it is from an unknown developer." If you see this error right-click and select Open from the menu. You'll see the Unknown Developer box. Select the Open Anyway button.
- The Apple Terminal application will now launch. If the last line in the terminal asks for a password, enter your Mac machine password and press Enter on your keyboard.
- The terminal will run the script and is complete once you see Process Completed.
- Launch TurboTax 2014 and/or 2015 for Mac applications and it should launch fine without any issues.
- Close the terminal application.
If this fix didn't work, then you may have installed TurboTax 2014 and/or TurboTax 2015 for Mac applications outside the /Applications directory. Move them inside the /Applications directory and try again.