turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Information no longer available on WMR...?

I e-filed my federal return on the 13th.  It was accepted.  I waited 24 hours after I got the email telling me that it was accepted and then used both the IRS2Go app and Where's My Refund to check.  They both worked completely fine, it said that the IRS had recieved my information and I was able to see that when I checked the status.  But now, for some reason, it is not letting me do it anymore.  When I try to use the IRS2Go method of checking the status, it tells me "Information does not match. Please reenter your information." And when I use Where's My Refund, after I type in my information and submit it, it says "We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS"

This is the correct information.  I am 100% sure that everything I'm typing in is correct because it's the exact same information I was able to successfully use to check my status literally earlier on in the day today.  There are no typos.  I've gone one character at a time to ensure that there are no errors several times now and I know for a fact there are no errors whatsoever in any of it.  I'm entering only my federal refund amount because I know that you can't check your state refund there.  There are literally no possible errors in the information I'm providing, so I don't understand what in the world the issue is.  

Edit: Thought it could possibly be because of the daily (midnight-ly?) update of the records, but nope, almost an hour past 3am EST and still nothing.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I’m having this same problem. It feels good to know I’m not the only one. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

First, I suggest calling the Where's My Refund automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954; you may have a better chance of getting your refund status this way. 

If you're still unsuccessful in getting your refund status, just remember that Covid-19 continues to cause delays in some of the IRS processes.  I would suggest continuing to check back periodically.

Reference:  Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies