Income Taxes Paid

Gregory1230

Income Taxes Paid

I have to amend 2019 tax returns because of Turbo Tax errors so how I change “Income Taxes Paid”? It said more than $10,000.  That is wrong.  Can you explain how to change amount? It won’t let me change or remove amount using amending TurboTax online.  I believe I can’t get refund from IRS because of that error.

Thank you, Greg

Income Taxes Paid

What line of the federal tax return, Form 1040, shows this amount you are trying to change?

Gregory1230

Income Taxes Paid

Line #17.

Income Taxes Paid

Line 17 is for taxes withheld from W-2's and Form 1099's

Go back through the Wages and Income section for W-2's and Form 1099's.  You can look at the W-2's you entered and change any amount of taxes withheld if they are in error.

Look at the section for entering a Form 1099-R if you entered a Form 1099-R and change any amounts entered.

Gregory1230

Income Taxes Paid

Can you please provide link of all forms I can edit? I can NOT edit via amend online format.  My tax returns line 17 still say $11,000, I want to edit much lessen something to $1000.  That’s why, for my opinion, IRS won’t give me refund money.

Thank you

Income Taxes Paid

@Gregory1230 wrote:

Thank you

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a 2019 tax return originally filed using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-amend-my-2018-turbotax-online-return/01/9...

If you are using the TurboTax amend software for 2019 in the Online edition you can edit anything using the amend software.

Click on Federal

Click on Wages & Income

Click on Wages and Salaries

Click on Revisit