turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ekully

In previous years I could see my $3,000 capital loss carry forward on the front page of my tax return, but I do not see it this year. Does anyone know why? Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

In previous years I could see my $3,000 capital loss carry forward on the front page of my tax return, but I do not see it this year. Does anyone know why? Thank you

Did you have capital gains this year? How many years have your had the carry forward?
ekully

No cap gains this year.  I've had the carry forward for a few years.  I think I should have been clearer in my question - I know the loss carry forward is built in to my return, I'm just wondering why I don't see on page 1

The IRS chopped up the old Form 1040 into a bunch of little pieces.  You should now see the capital gains/losses on Line 13 of "Schedule 1".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies