If your state return still shows as "Started," and federal return has already been accepted by the IRS (not accepted by TurboTax), you just need to go back in and re-submit that state return. This can happen if some of your state forms were not finalized when you tried to e-file your state at the same time as e-filing your Federal return.
You can use the instructions below to help you re-submit the state return.
TurboTax Online Detailed Instructions:
- Login to your TurboTax account.
- Select Show on your Tax Home screen, then Your tax returns and documents.
- Make sure the current tax year is highlighted, then select Add a state.
- Select the State Taxes tab.
- Select Continue to start or complete your state taxes.
- Select Done with State.
- Continue through the flow to review and file your state taxes.
TurboTax CD/Download Detailed Instructions:
- Open your return.
- Click on State Taxes tab.
- Follow on screen prompts and continue through the flow to review and file your state taxes.
NOTE: If you e-filed your federal return as Married Filing Jointly but want to file your state returns as Married Filing Separately, only one state return can be e-filed. The other will have to be paper-filed.
Content borrowed from the embedded answer below:
Still have questions?Make a post