turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get my money back from paying for my state taxes that you all couldn’t efile but promtomed me to mail them in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

How do I get my money back from paying for my state taxes that you all couldn’t efile but promtomed me to mail them in?

If you paid to e-file a state return and had to mail it in, you will need to speak to an agent.

This FAQ will provide you the steps to contact an agent. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

To be fair, TurboTax really should find a better and more user-friendly way to do this. TurboTax makes it easy to take our money to file for state taxes, promising its advantages, and then makes us go to a lot of trouble and time to get our money back when TurboTax can't deliver. There's a problem here that deserves attention for the sake of the customers who both paid and trusted TurboTax's word.
mick2

absolutely agree....feels like a trap

I could not e-file my state or federal taxes. I'm sure because it's because of my federal 1040 has a missing W2 and needed amending. They have never told me. I caught the mistake early, fixed it and waited. I mailed the amended in because the IRS never acknowledged it.  On 7/7 I resubmitted a proper amended Federal form again. Can I get a refund on my e-file? I was unable to use it? That's my question.

Ed 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

If you used the online version, there were no additional fees for e-filing your returns.  The price paid was for the forms.  

If you used a downloaded version of the software, please contact us using the link below.  

You can let the agent know what happened and they will be able to assist you.

Contact TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies