killaross12

How do I get my money back from paying for my state taxes that you all couldn’t efile but promtomed me to mail them in?

SharmaineF

If you paid to e-file a state return and had to mail it in, you will need to speak to an agent.

This FAQ will provide you the steps to contact an agent. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

marykatherinehom

To be fair, TurboTax really should find a better and more user-friendly way to do this. TurboTax makes it easy to take our money to file for state taxes, promising its advantages, and then makes us go to a lot of trouble and time to get our money back when TurboTax can't deliver. There's a problem here that deserves attention for the sake of the customers who both paid and trusted TurboTax's word.
mick2

absolutely agree....feels like a trap
seafirewiz

I could not e-file my state or federal taxes. I'm sure because it's because of my federal 1040 has a missing W2 and needed amending. They have never told me. I caught the mistake early, fixed it and waited. I mailed the amended in because the IRS never acknowledged it.  On 7/7 I resubmitted a proper amended Federal form again. Can I get a refund on my e-file? I was unable to use it? That's my question.

Ed 

JotikaT2

It depends.

If you used the online version, there were no additional fees for e-filing your returns.  The price paid was for the forms.  

If you used a downloaded version of the software, please contact us using the link below.  

You can let the agent know what happened and they will be able to assist you.

Contact TurboTax