Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi! My employer originally sent an incorrect W-2. They have since sent me a W-2c. Do I need to enter both, or just the corrected W-2c?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EricG1

Hi! My employer originally sent an incorrect W-2. They have since sent me a W-2c. Do I need to enter both, or just the corrected W-2c?

If you entered the W-2 already, you can go back and enter the correct information. If you haven't entered it yet, enter only the W-2c. You can see some more information about W-2c's below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4192512

View solution in original post

3 Replies
EricG1

If you entered the W-2 already, you can go back and enter the correct information. If you haven't entered it yet, enter only the W-2c. You can see some more information about W-2c's below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4192512

So we have a new w2c and the new one shows the old report and the new. If the old information is what you actually were taxed shouldn’t that be what you put in for the tax info and then the correct earnings and wages from the w2c.

It seems only logical that if you paid the previous reported tax that you should use that information for the taxes and then the correct wages earned especially if you were taxed for more than you actually made. This was all before filling so my question is what should be inputted if you haven’t filed but have gotten the w2c?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies