turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can someone please tell me why I haven’t got my state return yet? I got my federal return over a month ago what’s going on?!?!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can someone please tell me why I haven’t got my state return yet? I got my federal return over a month ago what’s going on?!?!

If you are seeing accepted in TurboTax, then that means your state has your return in their possession. Once the government accepts your returns from TurboTax, they no longer provide TurboTax any updates. And if they have not started reviewing/processing your return yet, you will not be able to find it when checking the status on their website. Processing times vary from state to state, so patience is key.

You have to check status of the return on their Where's My Refund website. Or you can try calling them at 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094 to speak with a live person to see if they can tell you whether or not they have begun processing yours yet. 

This link http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/individuals/individ_income/pages/draft-wmr-context-page.aspx has answers to most of your questions when it comes to your refund and the processing of it for Minnesota. 

How do I track my Minnesota tax refund?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Which state are you in and what does the status say when you log into your TurboTax account? Does it show as pending, started, accepted or incomplete? You can also check your TurboTax e-file status here https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

I’m in Minnesota and for my star it says it was accepted January 25... but why haven’t I gotten it if I got my federal awnile ago?

Ok, thanks for the update. Accepted means they have your return. The state and IRS use separate refunding procedures and schedules so you may not receive them both at the same time. Some people get their state first and federal later and some get federal first and state later. See my detailed answer for you below.

If you are seeing accepted in TurboTax, then that means your state has your return in their possession. Once the government accepts your returns from TurboTax, they no longer provide TurboTax any updates. And if they have not started reviewing/processing your return yet, you will not be able to find it when checking the status on their website. Processing times vary from state to state, so patience is key.

You have to check status of the return on their Where's My Refund website. Or you can try calling them at 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094 to speak with a live person to see if they can tell you whether or not they have begun processing yours yet. 

This link http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/individuals/individ_income/pages/draft-wmr-context-page.aspx has answers to most of your questions when it comes to your refund and the processing of it for Minnesota. 

How do I track my Minnesota tax refund?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies