turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

photo3

Just before e-filing my return Turbo Tax said I needed to print some forms and mail to complete my return. However, they wouldn't print and now I can't find them again.

What are the forms and what do I need to do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Alma

Just before e-filing my return Turbo Tax said I needed to print some forms and mail to complete my return. However, they wouldn't print and now I can't find them again.

If TurboTax is indicating that you need to print and mail any forms or you opted to do this instead of e-file, then yes, you will need to print and mail your return. You will not receive anything in the mail to send in. If the IRS or your State needs more information after your mail the forms in, then they will send you a letter requesting what they need.

To view and print Form 1040, you will need to get back into the tax preparation to do this, please follow the instructions below:

•     Click on My TurboTax at the upper left top of the page
  •     Click on My Tax Timeline
  •     Look under Some Things You Can Do (below your 2016 return status)
  •     Click on Add a State (this is to get in to your return)
  •     Once in your return, click on the My Account at the top of the page on the right
  •     Click on Print Center to view and print your return and filing instructions (select all forms and worksheets)
    This section will show the most updated version of everything you've done up to this point and will give you the option to download and print both your Federal and State return's. The instructions included will let you know what to send in and where, keep an eye out for forms that indicate that a signature is necessary.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Alma

If TurboTax is indicating that you need to print and mail any forms or you opted to do this instead of e-file, then yes, you will need to print and mail your return. You will not receive anything in the mail to send in. If the IRS or your State needs more information after your mail the forms in, then they will send you a letter requesting what they need.

To view and print Form 1040, you will need to get back into the tax preparation to do this, please follow the instructions below:

•     Click on My TurboTax at the upper left top of the page
  •     Click on My Tax Timeline
  •     Look under Some Things You Can Do (below your 2016 return status)
  •     Click on Add a State (this is to get in to your return)
  •     Once in your return, click on the My Account at the top of the page on the right
  •     Click on Print Center to view and print your return and filing instructions (select all forms and worksheets)
    This section will show the most updated version of everything you've done up to this point and will give you the option to download and print both your Federal and State return's. The instructions included will let you know what to send in and where, keep an eye out for forms that indicate that a signature is necessary.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies