turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SOMEONE I KNOW FORGOT TO FILE THERE W-2'S LAST YEAR WHAT FORM WOULD HE NEED AND HOW DOES IT WORK?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

SOMEONE I KNOW FORGOT TO FILE THERE W-2'S LAST YEAR WHAT FORM WOULD HE NEED AND HOW DOES IT WORK?

If they filed a 2015 tax return then they need to amend the 2015 return that was filed to add the tax data from the 2015 W-2's to the original tax return using IRS Form 1040X.  An amended tax return can only be printed and mailed.

If they did not file a 2015 tax return, then they can file one now.  A 2015 return can only be printed and mailed.

Go to this IRS website for free forms, schedules and instructions - https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If they filed a 2015 tax return then they need to amend the 2015 return that was filed to add the tax data from the 2015 W-2's to the original tax return using IRS Form 1040X.  An amended tax return can only be printed and mailed.

If they did not file a 2015 tax return, then they can file one now.  A 2015 return can only be printed and mailed.

Go to this IRS website for free forms, schedules and instructions - https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies