Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scm33440

Do I need to amend my 2015 taxes to enter the 1098T for my daughter's college? If so, I will need the 2015 amend software for mac. Please advise. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I need to amend my 2015 taxes to enter the 1098T for my daughter's college? If so, I will need the 2015 amend software for mac. Please advise. Thank you.

If the 1098T is related to the 2015 tax return, then - yes - you will need to amend that year.  You cannot add the 1098-T to this years return.

The amend version of the program available online is unfortunately for Windows only, but the MAC program is available as a download for you to amend your prior year return.

First, use this new website request form below.  It may take a bit for them to process your request, but it will save you from having to call (please make sure you provide the information used for that tax year or they may not be able to find your account/purchase and will not provide you with the download.)

Otherwise, you can request a download from our Phone Support team, but you will have to contact customer service by following the steps below.  Keep in mind phone wait times can be lengthy this time of the year, so if you can wait until after April 18th to call, that would be advisable.  
  • Sign into your TurboTax account
  • Click on Contact Us (upper right hand corner of blue banner) or you can contact phone support though this link here
  • Briefly state your situation
  • Click Submit
  • On the next page, choose what Call option you want and follow the instructions

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If the 1098T is related to the 2015 tax return, then - yes - you will need to amend that year.  You cannot add the 1098-T to this years return.

The amend version of the program available online is unfortunately for Windows only, but the MAC program is available as a download for you to amend your prior year return.

First, use this new website request form below.  It may take a bit for them to process your request, but it will save you from having to call (please make sure you provide the information used for that tax year or they may not be able to find your account/purchase and will not provide you with the download.)

Otherwise, you can request a download from our Phone Support team, but you will have to contact customer service by following the steps below.  Keep in mind phone wait times can be lengthy this time of the year, so if you can wait until after April 18th to call, that would be advisable.  
  • Sign into your TurboTax account
  • Click on Contact Us (upper right hand corner of blue banner) or you can contact phone support though this link here
  • Briefly state your situation
  • Click Submit
  • On the next page, choose what Call option you want and follow the instructions
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies