Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If I've been waiting over 21 days, what irs number do I call

21 days is only an IRS goal, not a guaranty. As indicated, it can (and often does) take longer.

do not take 78 off my taxes thats insane someone from turbotax call me rose czarnik [phone number removed]

very nice gentelmen helped me it was only 42  thats great

kaseybaker0911
Returning Member

Very thorough👏👏👏!!! Thank you!!! I did all of what you said and I finally got to where it was ringing and it said.....we're sorry but due to the high call volume try you need to try your call again later👎.... **bleep** irs I just want to talk to someone 😩 on a good note I have ur comment saved so I can use it later on lol 

Irs says refund delayed why

Only the IRS can tell you that ... somewhere you are being held up in processing.  

Blivers10

I have not received my federal tax refund filed 1/26/2022 it has now been 2 months all I get is it is being processed I can not talk to a person I need help

I finally got my refund 6 mos after I filed last year. It didn't come close to what turbo tax said 

they removed the stimulus from our return and after receiving the severely reduced return.  3 mos later I finally got to some one who's said.   To bad.   So 9 mos before I finally reached a human   This year I got a letter that they were going to do it again 

Ranika34

It been more then 21day for my refund to come back I got my States back but not my Federal it says online it’s still processing how long it’s going take 

@Ranika34 wrote:

It been more then 21day for my refund to come back I got my States back but not my Federal it says online it’s still processing how long it’s going take 

Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

I been waiting 21days and still haven't received anything about my taxes. Can someone please tell me what is going on with the taxes. 

Mats808

Hi I too have received my state tax return but I have been waiting over 30 days for my federal tax return and I don’t have any other earned child tax credit or anything and I’m filing SINGLE with no one claiming me and I don’t claim anyone else either. It’s JUST ME. My job or I messed up on taxes and they were taking out a lot more for taxes so I’m actually owed a lot. I’m guessing that could be why it’s taking so long?? But I still should have received it by now since I already got my state return weeks and weeks ago! How long is it gonna take???!!! And when can I speak to someone???????

@Mats808 wrote:

Hi I too have received my state tax return but I have been waiting over 30 days for my federal tax return and I don’t have any other earned child tax credit or anything and I’m filing SINGLE with no one claiming me and I don’t claim anyone else either. It’s JUST ME. My job or I messed up on taxes and they were taking out a lot more for taxes so I’m actually owed a lot. I’m guessing that could be why it’s taking so long?? But I still should have received it by now since I already got my state return weeks and weeks ago! How long is it gonna take???!!! And when can I speak to someone???????

The IRS is very overloaded.    21 days is just a goal for e-filed returns that need no manual review.   If yours need manual review for any reason, then it can take 3-4 months to process since the IRS still has 1.5 million 2020 returns that are not processed.

A manual review can be necessary even if there is nothing wrong with your tax return for example a W-2 (or other form) you entered is from an employer (or other form issuer)  that is being reviewed.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Its been over 21 day n i have got my refuned

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies