Solved: If I got one more w-2 in the mail could I be able to add it if I already filed but have not received my refund yet?

If I got one more w-2 in the mail could I be able to add it if I already filed but have not received my refund yet?

It depends. If you have already e-filed or mailed the return, then you will need to wait until the IRS has accepted or rejected that return before you can make any changes.  

• If they reject it, then just make the needed changes and re-submit the return.  
  • If they accept it, then you will need to wait until you have received your refund and then amend that return to make changes, if needed. Amended returns have to be printed and mailed in and take up to 16 weeks to be processed.   

If your return gets accepted, then, you have to wait until you have received your refund to file an amendment and add additional information.

Click here for instructions for amending a return.