acr010513

If i filed an amendment now, will my former employee have to pay?

I recently found a w-2 from 2014 in a drawer and decided to file an amendment, but do not want to cause trouble for my former employer. Will they have to pay because I filed an amendment? What if I dont mail it in? The return amount wasn't even that much to worry about.

Filing an amendment won't affect your employer at all.  There is nothing they have to pay.  In fact if you don't file an amendment the IRS will send you a letter saying you didn't report all your income.

acr010513

That makes sense..I'm just worried because I worked from their home. They went through a business and had a license and went through someone. But I just worry.

I didn't understand that.  Did they give you an actual W2 or was it a 1099Misc?  Nothing to worry about.
acr010513

W2. I'm probably over thinking it.
macuser_22

If you received a W-2 from your employer, then your employer already sent a copy to the IRS so the IRS will expect to see that income reported on your tax return.  You need to amend and report the income.