misty-austin

If I am still waiting for my amended return to be processed will my additional child tax credit payments be delayed?

I filed my amended return on 4/29 and it still says its being processed.  I haven't received the 1st additional child tax credit payment, I'm thinking it's because of my amended return status.
Mike9241

if your qualifying dependent was on the original return then your advance payments should not be delayed. the IRS just started sending them out so it may be a few days before you receive yours. if the QD wasn't on the return it may be 6 months before the amended return will be processed

the IRS will have a portal to update dependent info in late summer (sometime after the third week in August) 

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/child-tax-credit-update-portal 

No... if you have a return still processing the advance stimulus will not be released.  The payment will start in July or the month after your 2020 tax return is processed, whichever is later.

Elle8

This wasn’t true for me My return is still processing, and the child credit showed up in my bank account right on time this morning. 

misty-austin

@Elle8 

Maybe I'll get mine soon then. Thanks for responding!