turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I am still waiting for my amended return to be processed will my additional child tax credit payments be delayed?

I filed my amended return on 4/29 and it still says its being processed.  I haven't received the 1st additional child tax credit payment, I'm thinking it's because of my amended return status.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

If I am still waiting for my amended return to be processed will my additional child tax credit payments be delayed?

if your qualifying dependent was on the original return then your advance payments should not be delayed. the IRS just started sending them out so it may be a few days before you receive yours. if the QD wasn't on the return it may be 6 months before the amended return will be processed

the IRS will have a portal to update dependent info in late summer (sometime after the third week in August) 

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/child-tax-credit-update-portal 

No... if you have a return still processing the advance stimulus will not be released.  The payment will start in July or the month after your 2020 tax return is processed, whichever is later.

This wasn’t true for me My return is still processing, and the child credit showed up in my bank account right on time this morning. 

@Elle8 

Maybe I'll get mine soon then. Thanks for responding!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies