turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a text and accepted status but per irs it has no information if it is accepted or processing ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LeeM

I received a text and accepted status but per irs it has no information if it is accepted or processing ?

I would check the IRS refund status website at https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If it shows pending there, that means they have received it and it is being processed by them. As long as your return comes back as Accepted and not Rejected, you are fine. There is a large volume of returns being processed by the IRS now.

E-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24-48 hours before coming back as either Acceptedor Rejected. Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer.

If you contact the government or try look up your refund status while your return is still pending, don't be surprised if they tell you "no record found." This is normal; until the government starts reviewing and processing your return, they won't have any record of it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeeM

I would check the IRS refund status website at https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If it shows pending there, that means they have received it and it is being processed by them. As long as your return comes back as Accepted and not Rejected, you are fine. There is a large volume of returns being processed by the IRS now.

E-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24-48 hours before coming back as either Acceptedor Rejected. Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer.

If you contact the government or try look up your refund status while your return is still pending, don't be surprised if they tell you "no record found." This is normal; until the government starts reviewing and processing your return, they won't have any record of it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies