turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was wondering when I would be getting my taxes and how I will be getting my taxes because I don’t know if I did them on a card or if it’s a paper check

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

I was wondering when I would be getting my taxes and how I will be getting my taxes because I don’t know if I did them on a card or if it’s a paper check

If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. For the most up to date information on your refund, you can track your federal refund here: Where's My Refund? which provides your current status and a specific, personalized date for your tax refund once it is available.  You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

To track your state refund, you can click this link - How do I track my state refund?

• When will I get my IRS tax refund?
    • Why do some refunds take longer than others?
    • What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

• To verify how you are receiving your refund please follow the instructions below.

This information is printed right on your return. 

You can confirm what account your refund is going to by viewing the 1040 Form.  

You will see your bank account information on Lines 20 b,c & d of your Form 1040.

This information can also be found on your TurboTax Electronic Filing Instructions Page.  If you did not print the instruction sheet, please follow these steps to print or view it:

·         Sign back into your TurboTax Account Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click "Add a State" (You will not be adding a State, this is just a way to get you back into your tax return)

·         Next select "Tax Tools" (left column) and then "Print Center"

·         Select "Print, save, or preview this year's return"

·         Check the box for your State return (this will open further options)

·         Choose to include the "Government and TurboTax worksheets

·         Then click "View or Print Forms"

·         View the "TurboTax Electronic Filing Instructions Page"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
      Manage cookies