mustafav

I want to load a previous years 2015 Turbotax file. I can open it using Turbo Tax 2015 desktop version but cannot upload it to TurboTax Online 2016

CarlitaH

You can transfer last year's tax data file (*.tax2015, not a PDF) if you're preparing your 2016 return in TurboTax Online Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business.

Note: If you already started your 2016 return in TurboTax Online, transferring will clear any info you have already entered.

Here's how to transfer:

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online and start a new return, or continue a return you already started.
    (To continue a return, sign in and then click the orange
    Take me to my return button.)
  2. Make sure you've gone past the blue "simple and accurate" screen before continuing to the next step.
  3. Select the My Account drop-down menu in the upper right, and then select Tools.
  4. In the pop-up window, select Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your computer.

Follow the on-screen instructions to finish transferring your file.