turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to Efile my 2020 taxes. Can I do this? I thought it had already been filed, but turns out it wasnt, and my banker needs verification to approve a mortgage.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I want to Efile my 2020 taxes. Can I do this? I thought it had already been filed, but turns out it wasnt, and my banker needs verification to approve a mortgage.

You can prepare your tax return with the 2020 program but you will have to mail your return. 

You can take 2 signed copies of the return to a local tax office and they will accept one for filing and mark the other as accepted for processing ... that should work for the mortgage folks  OTHERWISE  you will need to find a local tax pro that can still efile the 2020 return and pay them to do so.  

Give your loan officer a copy of 2021 Form 1040.

If they want 2020 also, print three copies one for you, the IRS and the bank.

For the bank, Form 1040 Page 1-2 is usually all they want.

They usually want you to sign the copy.

@jimgeorgeandsons 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies