I want to amend my return

I want to amend my return

I want to amend my return

See the following FAQ for instructions to amend a tax return that you filed with TurboTax.

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

An amended return has to be filed on a special form, Form 1040-X. It cannot be e-filed. You have to print it, sign it, and file it by mail. It normally takes the IRS up to 16 weeks to process an amended return. However, the IRS processing centers were closed for several months because of the Covid-19 pandemic, and they did not process any mailed tax returns, including amended returns. They are just now starting to reopen the processing centers and process the mailed tax returns, but they have reduced staff and a huge backlog, so it will be a long time before your amended return is processed.

Don't file the amended return until your first return has been accepted and you have received the original refund.

I want to amend my return

Can someone help me