turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take to get refund after identity verification?

Trump

Last year I verified my ID over the phone with option or doing it online (which I couldn’t since it would keep popping up with errors and the reps told me the system
Is basically overloaded so that’s why l).. I verified my identity early afternoon and basically 5 days later I had
My refund deposited in my account so when they say “up to 9 weeks” it’s. Because in the event of it taking that long they are legally covered and have the right to dismiss most calls that come in impatiently asking for their refund. Also, my brother verified his ID as well this year with kids and wife all credits
EIC, etc.. and he got his
Deposit no longer than 8-10 days after the verified. Be positive ppl as this year I verified again and it’s been almost a week but the good
Part it my WMR says it’s processing and not
Still so
That’s a plus.

WELL I NEVA FILED MY GRNBABY B4 SO MAYB THATS MY HOLDUP PRAYIN IT COMES B4 60 DAYS
jennyewo

Hey seriously59 this is Jenny you will get before 60 days give it a few weeks
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

It takes about 6 weeks to process your return after verification has been completed. Please see the link below for further details.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/security/tips-for-handling-identity-verification-requests-from-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I verified my identify March 18th and was told that I would have to wait 9 weeks. I checked WMR site everyday since then and no updates. But I checked yesterday (April 30th) and it's showing that it's being processed so I hope I'll be getting my funds soon. This is the first that I ever filed my taxes and had to verify my identity.

I verified myself march 15th and it said “We received your tax’s returns and it is being processed” for the past week and a half. But I was hoping the samething but they are really making people struggle waiting. While if we owe them they’ll  garnish our wages after one month. Smh

I know it's crazy tho cause my friend verified her brother's and he received his refunds in 2 days. But I feel like I'm going to get it real soon cause before it wasn't showing anything on WMR site. It kept saying can't provide anything about your refund.

Do you have status bars? I never did. Only messages. First one was “ your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available” now I got “ we have received your tax return and it is being processed”   this situation is soooooo frustrating. :(

Yes girl I see that it's saying  "we have received your tax return and it is being processed" but before when I use to check I wouldn't get that. It's been 6 weeks as of Monday. Smh good thing I get paid every week imagine if I didn't have a job

Well I verified on Feb 27th and it has been giving me no information until today it says the same as you guys. it's received and being processed. I don't even stress about it anymore, I'm just patiently waiting because it's not guaranteed to be what you are expecting at this point. Just be patient guys and take your mind off of it. That helps make the time past and you'll probably get it unexpectedly. I've been waiting since Feb 5th when I filed and here we are in May, 3 months. I hope you guys get yours SOON!1 🙂

Thank you I hope so and yeah I'm not gonna bother with it anymore. And Feb 5th?? You should have got it at least beginning of April. Have you called them because 9 weeks has passed

Yes, I called several times, after i verified myself, I received another letter a 4464C letter April 1st stating that they needed 45-60 more days to review it because one of my withholding amounts was wrong and they have to research and correct it and if I don't receive my refund by May 30th then call back. Lol it's annoying!! But I will just check once a week until May 30th. One of my friends went through this and didn't receive her refund until June SMH.

Wow wow wow I just want them. To give me my money lol

I actually am talking to a irs rep and when I tell you this man sounds like he is so irritated it’s ridiculous! it almost makes you not want to check on the current situation of YOUR MONEY! But who wants to wait an additional freaking 90 days to receive another notice in the mail saying to do something else? like wtf.? It’s really a drag and people just want their money the same way the irs wants theirs when someone owes. I feel like in these situation when people have to do additional steps they should have a different line for contact. when everything is processing normally is one thing, but when they want you to complete extra steps they should be more sympathetic to the fact that people are depending on their returns & need answers.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies