Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pink300

I've printer my tax returns to send in via mail. I need step by step guidance of what to include.

Do I need to send in my Federal taxes with my state taxes or do I send them in separately? Can I fold my return in a standard envelope? How many stamps do I need? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

32 Replies

I've printer my tax returns to send in via mail. I need step by step guidance of what to include.

Federal and state returns go to completely separate addresses.  Mailing instructions should print out with your return to tell you where to send your returns.  Yes, you can fold your return to put it in an envelope.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.

Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Xanayah

What address do I send my state and what address do I send my federal

@Xanayah wrote:

What address do I send my state and what address do I send my federal

The address on where to mail each tax return is on the Filing Instructions page when you printed the 2019 tax return.

Don’t forget to sign and date 

daltondebbie67
Returning Member

when I print my 2019 forms is that all I need to send to the IRS

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Along with your printed, signed return, the one document that the IRS always requires with your tax return is the W-2 form you receive from your employer. And if you have more than one job, you must include a W-2 for each one. Please click Documents Needed to File Income Taxes to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What address do I send my state taxes to and can I mail it in standard white envelope with a stamp.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

The Filing Instructions page will tell you which state forms to include along with the address on where to mail the state tax return. You can mail it in a standard white envelope with a stamp, however it is recommended to send it certified mail, so that you know when it is received.

Please see the directions below, if you need to print the filing instructions:

You need to download your tax return using Print Center and choose the option for all worksheets.

1. Sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page
  2. Scroll down and click on Add a state. 
  3. This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.
  4. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. 
  5. Then click on Print Center
  6. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets or choose to print just your filing sheet.

How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?

You can also find your State's address by click on your state in the link below, which will take you directly to their site:

How do I contact my state Department of Revenue?

Donnav1966
Returning Member

Where do I mail them

Donnav1966
Returning Member

Can I have the address to the irs 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

To mail your returns, you will need to follow the instructions from the IRS on their site here.

Damir80s

Can I use any envelope??? I don't have any white plain envelopes, I have a blue one that says KUB on it, can I mail it in that one? 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, you can use any color envelope.  It's also a good idea to mail your return using certified mail or a mailing service such as UPS or FedEx. This ensures you get a confirmation that the IRS received it.

I'm confused. Why do the instructions from turbo tax for my 2020 California Tax Returns say, "Do not attach any form(s) W-2."; however, here it states the opposite.

Please help.

Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies