caddillac8879

I've just noticed this year, that the IRS is requesting the date that I was ordered to pay alimony, In order to claim that deduction. I live in Pennsylvania and I've been trying to reach my local dome

AnnetteB6

As a result of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, you may only deduct alimony payments that are required under a divorce or separation agreement that was executed before December 31, 2018.  If your divorce or separation was finalized after that date, the payments that you have made will not be deductible.  Therefore, the TurboTax program will ask for additional information in order to verify whether the alimony payments are deductible or not.

Take a look at the following TurboTax article for more information:  Can I deduct alimony I paid to my ex-spouse?

If you don't know the actual date then don't fret ... if you know the year then simply enter 1/1 and the year.