billhanson1

I’ve filed my Indiana returns electronically and authorized auto debit for the $38 I owe on 4/13. Turbo tax printed out a form and the instruction tell me to include the payment with the form??

MaryK1

If you included your bank information with your state tax return you do not have to mail the coupon with payment, it is a convenience for people who mail a check or you can use it as a reminder that the money will be taken out of your bank.  Please check your bank a few days after you indicated that payment should be taken out just to be sure it went through.

MaryK1

aelloyd810

My question is similar except that I paid the $5.00 I owed via DORpay, Indiana's electronic payment system for all personal and business taxes, so there is no bank information on the tax form. I have a printed receipt and a Payment Locator Number(PLN) which was the confirmation provided after making my payment, but the instructions regarding the post-filing coupon are confusing. It says "DO NOT mail ...coupon with payment until your return has been accepted... However, if your return still hasn't been accepted by the due date (today) don't wait. Go ahead and mail your post filing coupon with your payment." They already have my payment. Do I need to mail anything? Will I need to mail anything? The receipt from DORpay has a virtual "post mark date" dated today. How or when will I know whether my electronic filing has been accepted? (This was my first experience filing taxes).
saniadam

TurboTax should be able to make it very clear to customers filing tax return and choose to have their bank account debited on a certain date to pay the tax to teh IRS. There should be a clear statement from Turbotax that the intention of the customer is recognized. Printing out 4 payment vouchers with different dates is not something the customers want to see when they have elected to pay from their bank accounts. Even more confusing, TurboTax does not mention anything about the set up the costumers just made before finishing their tax returns.