thart165

I typed my tax return wrong how do I fix it?

Please provide some details.  What did you type in wrong?  Did you e-file?

Depends ... if you did not file the return you can log back in and make the required changes.

BUT ... if you did file already ....

Can I cancel a pending return?

No. After you select Transmit Returns Now, your e-file goes to pending status, where it will stay until it's either been accepted or rejected by the government.

Think of pending as "in transit" or "in limbo"just like you can't cancel a letter that you sent yesterday, you can't cancel a return that's on its way to the government.

To make corrections or changes to your pending return, wait until your return's either been accepted or rejected.

• If your return gets accepted, you'll need to amend.
  • If your return gets rejected, you'll be able to make your changes before you re-submit your return.

Related Information: