Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I typed my tax return wrong how do I fix it?

2 Replies
Level 15

I typed my tax return wrong how do I fix it?

Please provide some details.  What did you type in wrong?  Did you e-file?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Level 15

I typed my tax return wrong how do I fix it?

Depends ... if you did not file the return you can log back in and make the required changes.


BUT ... if you did file already ....


Can I cancel a pending return?

No. After you select Transmit Returns Now, your e-file goes to pending status, where it will stay until it's either been accepted or rejected by the government.

Think of pending as "in transit" or "in limbo"just like you can't cancel a letter that you sent yesterday, you can't cancel a return that's on its way to the government.

To make corrections or changes to your pending return, wait until your return's either been accepted or rejected.

  • If your return gets accepted, you'll need to amend.
  • If your return gets rejected, you'll be able to make your changes before you re-submit your return.

Related Information:

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies