Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I submitted my tax return receipt via mail a few weeks ago. When will I received my tax return? Will I be notified? The money is not showing on my bank account

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I submitted my tax return receipt via mail a few weeks ago. When will I received my tax return? Will I be notified? The money is not showing on my bank account

Did you actually mail the return?  TurboTax does not mail it for you.

It can take approximately 6 weeks to get a Federal tax refund after filing a paper return by mail.

After approximately 4 weeks from mailing, you should see it in this IRS "Where's My Refund" tool where you can monitor it.

Does anything show up in the tool?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Did you actually mail the return?  TurboTax does not mail it for you.

It can take approximately 6 weeks to get a Federal tax refund after filing a paper return by mail.

After approximately 4 weeks from mailing, you should see it in this IRS "Where's My Refund" tool where you can monitor it.

Does anything show up in the tool?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds 

@orelingrid972
I add this above:
Did you actually mail the return?  TurboTax does not mail it for you.

I have mailed it myself yes. I will wait after 6 weeks then.

Thank you

If it's been 4 weeks, you should be able to see evidence of it in that tool.   If it has been longer than 4 weeks and not showing, we can tell you how to phone the IRS and speak to a live agent to be sure they got it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies