Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening NOW!!!

I submitted my tax return receipt via mail a few weeks ago. When will I received my tax return? Will I be notified? The money is not showing on my bank account

Did you actually mail the return?  TurboTax does not mail it for you.

It can take approximately 6 weeks to get a Federal tax refund after filing a paper return by mail.

After approximately 4 weeks from mailing, you should see it in this IRS "Where's My Refund" tool where you can monitor it.

Does anything show up in the tool?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds 

Does anything show up in the tool?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds 

@orelingrid972
I add this above:
Did you actually mail the return?  TurboTax does not mail it for you.

I have mailed it myself yes. I will wait after 6 weeks then.

Thank you

If it's been 4 weeks, you should be able to see evidence of it in that tool.   If it has been longer than 4 weeks and not showing, we can tell you how to phone the IRS and speak to a live agent to be sure they got it.